Halogen lamps, what are they? Halogen is a type of lighting technology that is typically used as an improved version of incandescent lights. Incandescent lights produce light when their wire filaments are heated until the light glows. The difference with halogen lamps are that they contain a sealed filament made of tungsten in a clear envelope filled with gas and halogen.
Benefits of halogen lamps
- These types of lamps tend to be small, compact, and lightweight
- Instantly produce light and are still more energy-efficient than standard incandescent lights
- Can be dimmed to whatever level of light the user would like
- Relatively easy to manufacture
- One bulb may be able to last up to 2,500 hours in comparison to only 1,000 hours for that of a regular incandescent light
- Will produce the same amount of light even at lower wattages
- They produce a color temperature that is more natural and closer to that of the sunshine
- Lower gas pressure
- Require no shielding
- They are durable and do not need to be charged up too often
- Work great for lighting outdoor areas because they can shine bright enough
- They generate heat
Now that you may be more aware of the various benefits of halogen lights, such as their energy efficiency and convenience, you may find that these types of lights may be the best choice for your home, office, or outdoor garden area. If so, we at Rayvern Lighting are happy to offer various types of halogen lights to choose from that will best fit your space and lifestyle.
If you have any further questions about the benefits of halogen lights, what we offer, our pricing, or any other general questions, please do not hesitate to contact us! We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with any and all of your lighting needs.