Two of the most common types of modern light fixtures today include either fluorescent or incandescent bulbs. But, you may be unaware of what makes these two lights different. Let us explain by listing the characteristics of each type.
- Relatively newer than incandescent bulbs
- Produce light by using gas to create a glow
- White light
- More efficient by using less power and produces less heat
- Last longer
- Higher initial cost to purchase supporting materials such as a ballast, a starter, and the fixture
- Have been around longer than fluorescent lights
- Produce light by heating a metallic filament until it begins radiating
- Warmer hue of light
- Less efficient by using 4-8x more power and produces more heat
- Does not last as long because their filament will burn out
- Lower initial cost
If you’re still unsure of which kind of lights are best for your office or workspace, or you just need general assistance, we’re here to help! We offer the best commercial and industrial lighting supplies for your workplace and have been supplying and distributing industry-standard lighting products in the surrounding areas of Paramount since the late 70s! Our product delivery is quick, we offer fast turnaround, and we have an expansive lighting inventory so that you can choose the best lighting for your business needs.
We also offer a free consultation to see how we can best serve your commercial or industrial lighting needs, but you can find a lot of information on the type(s) of lighting you may be interested in on our website. Once you have an idea of what you’re looking for, please do not hesitate to give us a call or fill out our contact form (listed below) to get you started on the track to getting the perfect lights for your business.